Sunday, March 3, 2013



Since Dr. Seuss' birthday is on March 2nd we did an author study on him.  We began the week going over the Let's Find Out Scholastic March issue.  We also watched a video all about him which was also linked with scholastic.  The students learned Dr. Seuss' birthday, where he learned about his animals he chose to write about and that he loved to write children's books with many silly rhyming words.  Each day we read at least one book from Dr. Seuss.  On Friday we celebrated Read Across America with a guest reader, Mr. Juan Rodriguez, a principal at one of our high schools.  He read Knuffle Bunny Too and he also read My Colors My.  The students loved these books.  I now would like to purchase Knuffle Bunny Too, I think I might be able to use it as a mentor text for speech bubbles besides it being a super cute story that my students could totally make connections with.  We also read Green Eggs and Ham, so we made green eggs and ham and tasted them too.  Please tell me what you did to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday?




























No comments:

Post a Comment